Author's Signature

    Яαgιи Яαvєи
    Cairo, Egypt
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
View Profile



Archives


Tapping at my chamber door



In 2008, I'll Get Me A Shotgun


I will also:
1.
Yield
2. Get closer to
God
3.
Job hunt some more.
4. Get closer to my
family.
5. Learn a new language.
6.
Finish at least one screenplay.
7.
Lose the extra weight.
8. Get a
driver's license. I will not buy a car.
9. I will
rule my world.
10. I will have my
revenge.

« Home | Excerpt from My Page » | Stagnant extension of the preserved waiting room » | The space underneath my skin » | Folie de Grandeur » | ι нєαя тнєм » | After Hours » | Then it got a little darker... »

Breathless

There’s a hair on my computer screen; my brand new laptop. A playstation 3 to my right, a big TV, a desktop computer, two empty cups of coffee past, a cell phone with a new number waiting, a Seinfeld DVD box set, a blood red Zippo lighter, one pack of Kent #6, one pack of Kent #9, a novel by good ol’ Chuck describing a plane crash, the Concise History of the World book in which they could only describe Muslims as people who followed some dude who said that we can marry more than once; wires, many, many wires… this is my space. And in all the material entertainment I could provide myself, all the toys, all the money, new clothes… I fail to recognize my dimensional presence. I cannot hear my body breathe or feel the air welcomed by my lungs. The ability to touch, that sensual experience can only be felt now by my digits tapping on these black keys, playing the only beat that I want to hear amidst this newly adopted silence that I have come to hate. This quietness is different from the one I had before.

And they keep tapping nonstop. They have been for the past few weeks. I have a zillion unpublished words. My Documents is filled like a spam folder. Today I finally realized why I have been writing too much. Blogging no longer does it for me. I lost it. I can’t vent anymore.

Even they; they no longer speak to me. It’s been awfully quiet around here. It’s awfully dark I cannot see my own hands and I fail to recognize my own voice amidst all the screeching in my head. It’s too dark inside I do not feel my soul anymore. I’ve become a stranger with a familiar face to myself. I would have figured it’d be more peaceful, but the war rampaging in my head serves its unknown purpose far too well. But the fact remains, when it’s in your head, you can’t really hide from it. You can’t sleep. You can’t work. It’s not a limb that you can just amputate. All that’s left is for you to get down on your knees and pray, pray, and pray; for God to show mercy, for your sleep to be peaceful, for your heart to mend, for your brain to forget, for your soul to freeze, for the world to be fucking different…

I no longer feel like sharing because, the truth is, I never shared. It was always about me. It was always about me trying so hard to suck it all out on a fucking page. I never wrote to socialize, never sought public applause. All I have is a counter that lets me know that there are others like me.

Are there? Sometimes I wonder if it’s just me who’s “special”.

I no longer wish to express.

I no longer feel relieved when I write. I always felt that my blog is a living thing, with its own breathing lungs, its own stiff muscles, its own personality, its own borne cross; my very own pet, my dominant master; my ever amazing needle. But this… entity has lost its purpose. Maybe I’ll come back one day, read my posts like it’s the first time and wonder like I always do. I hope I never do.

All I know is that it is time for me to focus now, to get back on my feet, to get back on my throne, to reach out and touch my glory, to jumpstart my ego, to burn my secrets and rise from amidst the smoke; lie to myself to be happy. Breathe.

Look away.

Look away as I disappear.

Gadgets are a man's best friend. Hold on to them tight. Not to mention gadgetry sporting FOSS :P

Although I can't claim I have read everything you ever published, I thoroughly enjoyed what I've managed to read so far.

Whatever you decide to take up next, make sure you enjoy.

Cheers

Good luck with everything

Post a Comment






Recently Judged


Personal Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory
Blog Directory & Search engine